Hello and welcome

Hi and welcome to my blog. My name is Gavin, but for much of my life I've been known as Barney! I live in Kent, England and most of my outdoorsy adventures are based in this glorious region.


I love spending time outdoors, learning about nature, bushcraft and most of all camping. I love camping in all its different guises. Who cares whether it's called camping, glamping, wild camping or whatever, it's all good to me.


Some people have a real hatred of camping, but I don't. I love the freedom it offers and how it strips life back to basics, doing away with all of the menial  and stressful tasks that are otherwise important when at home. I love the fact that it often removes you from our modern world and allows you to think only of loved ones and the things that REALLY matter.


Its not just about camping though and in this blog I'm going to document some of my experiences in the outdoors. Sometimes it can be a simple walk outdoors a holiday away with my amazing wife. Or even a report on a bushcrafty project that I'm working on in my beloved shed.


I'm also going to share some of the times that I get out to observe nature.  I'm a proud supporter of the RSPB and my wife and I love spending time at their nature reserves

So keep a watch out for my blog where I'll aim to post regular reports on all my outdoorsy pursuits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Campfire Cookery: Fish and Chips

Carving a Kuksa

2020 - A year in review: Hi de Hi Campers, it's been a while!